The “Sunrise/Sunset” theme photos were displayed from the website. No printed photos were offered for display.
Laurie Lehmann provided updated information for the club. One new member has joined, and our membership is at 34 members for the year. Our current balance is $1,169.44. It was approved that $15/month would be directed from the treasury to defray the cost of monthly refreshments if asked for by the refreshments volunteer.
Railtown Summer Display – Kathy Syverson
The summer display in the Carriage Room at Railtown runs from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day Weekend and is a benefit for the Railtown Foundation. Kathy explained the procedure for image selection and that payout for images sold is not until after the show closes in September. Images sold must be replaced with the same image as soon as possible. Eight club members expressed an interest in participating: Dan Ryan, Jim Brown, Steve Brooks, Linda Hogue, Pat Jennings, Jacob Lewis, Cathy Sponseller and Kathy Syverson.
Kathy Syverson gave some updated information on the 2018 InFocus Photography Competition.
- Jurying is complete for the 2018 show and 191 images were selected.
- Several new panels and new lighting fixtures have been added.
- The opening reception and awards ceremony is on March 4th from 5 – 7 p.m.
- The show runs from March 5th thru March 18th and will be open daily from 12 – 5:30 p.m. The final day, March 18th will close at 3:00 p.m. and photos can be picked up from 3 – 5:30 p.m.
- The cost to join the Arts Alliance is $45 and must be paid prior to the reception if the artist does not want to pay a 20% commission on work sold. Membership can be purchased from the “STORE” at the TCAA web site.
- The InFocus show benefits the Tuolumne County Arts Alliance.
- The Artists bios will provide contact information.
Laurie showed the club 6 videos explaining what photo distortion is and how to correct it by using either Photoshop or Lightroom. She felt that this correction should be the first step in photo adjustment. Zack will post the videos on the club website.
Kathy Syverson led a discussion of printed images supplied by Dan Ryan, Laurie Lehmann, Bill Heiser, Jan Alcalde and Cathy Sponseller. It was agreed that the discussion of printed images is valuable and should continue.
Hints and Tips
Date: March 18, 2018
Presentation: Zack will give some information on Depth of Field and Hyperfocal Distance. We’ll also watch a video that Dale found on Advance Brush settings in Lightroom and Photoshop
Photo Theme: Snow/Frost/Ice/Cold
Refreshments: Cheryl Calderaro