PHOTO DISPLAY – The monthly photo theme was “Simplify”. Photos were viewed via Adobe Lightroom followed by member comments. They can be viewed on SPC website.
IMAGE CRITIQUE – Moderated by Dan Ryan
Eight images were critiqued by club members using characteristics of:
• Compositional elements present
Both positive comments and suggestions for possible improvements were voiced.
Slideshow – Connie Cassinetto
Connie gave a slideshow of birds using FotoMagico software
PRESENTATION – Kathy Syverson
Kathy gave a presentation on focus stacking using both Helicon Focus and Photoshop. Photo stacking is taking a number of photos at various focal points to maximize the focus throughout the image without changing the f-stop. Kathy prepared a handout which have been posted on the website and included at an attachment to the meeting minutes.
Theme of the Month – new topics were suggested for future Themes of the Month: Focus Stacking, Form & Shape and Street Photography. Photos should be sent to Connie at the club email – email@example.com and also sent to the club website.
• April, Food
• May, Long Exposure
• June, Water
*Themes will advance forward should meetings be canceled.
Railtown update – Kathy Syverson
• Eight photographers will be participating in the event
• Voting by Railtown will happen April 25, 2019
• Photograph hanging (matted and framed) will take place on May 24, 2019 (Kathy could use some help)
• Take-down on October 28, 2019
Rules have been changed so that replacing sold photographs with the same image is no longer required. The photographer has the option to replace with the same image sold, hang an image of his/her choice or another photographer can take the open space. Note: Engine 28 is now fired up.
Financial Report – Barbara Stewart
The club has 33 members and a balance of $1019.12. Two guests and potential club members were welcomed.
Education – Steve Brooks
• Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento: “The Roaming Eye” street photography will hang until May 19, 2019. A street photography Lightroom editing class is offered on Saturday, March 23 ($125 -$155)
• Hagen Museum, Stockton: “Masters of American Photography” August 1 – October 20, 2019.